View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 10:37 AM

Thank you for the quick response. I should have mentioned that there is a marked decrease in strength in my right arm - most noticable when lifting say a gallon of milk out to the front and more so if I try to lift anything to the side - very little strength. My pain is more of a dull ache deep in the arm and towards the back. It is coming up on 4 weeks since the cortisone shot and I am starting to get all the symptoms and pain back. Most notable pain is when I lay down at night. In addition to the the pain and weakness I also have grinding, snapping and a loose feeling when I use my arm in a larger range of motion.

I am a 42 year old woman, I am active but not in any particular sport on a regular basis. I ski, run, swim and play soccer with my kids. My work is 90% on the computer and I do find that I get pain/ache when I am using the mouse alot and it runs down my arm to my elbow.

If I will eventually need surgery and not having it now will just buy me time I would rather have it sooner than later. I was just hoping that there was a non-surgical option that would last me indefinitely but that is not looking good. I am going to get a second opinion since I don't want to have any open surgery if I don't have to. Thanks again for the reply and the information on this page.