View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM

Smile reverse shoulder replacement

Dear Mike S.
Your post on Dr. Tomainos forum brought back so many memories to me. I had a reverse
shoulder replacement on my right shoulder after a previously failed surgery. Yes, I can appreciate what you are going though. The pain is unbearable and even the simplest of tasks
become so difficult. Like you, when I went to Dr. Tomaino a reverse shoulder replacement
was the procedure of consideration. I was well aware that it would be major surgery . However,
I was in so much pain I elected to have it done. Dr. Tomaino assured me that my pain would be lessened and I would have a better quality of life.
It is now over a year since my surgery and I am 100 per cent pain-free in my right shoulder. I have a better range of motion also, something I never had before. My only regret
is that I wish I could have had the procedure done years ago. It has significantly changed
my life for the better.
Yes, it is a major operation and involves a deep committment on your part.
My advice to you is to think positive and accept the challenge for a better lifestyle.I have such a better quality of life and am comfortably able to do many tasks that were impossible for me before.
I wish you the best of luck, and if I can be of any further assistance feel free to contact me! Maryann Mazzaferro - so happy with my reverse shoulder replacement