View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 12:31 PM

Thanks for replying Dr. Im ok with holding off on the replacement and Im ok understanding that an interposition arthroplasty probably wouldnt help. as far as infection my Dr ordered blood work last week and i am infection free as far as instability/laxity he didnt do the test that you show on the video for my elbow but he did do it on my wrist and forearm and they proved to be very unstable so I asked him if he replaced the radial head that was removed 2 years ago because of the infection and he said it wouldnt do anything to help. Again im in a tough spot they already took bone from my ulner wrist it so making it shorter is not an option but there is nothing to keep my ulna bone from continuing to migrate down and impacting my wrist. In your opinion putting a new radial head a rediculous idea? As i said earlier in spite of the condition of my elbow i do have very good range motion since the HO surgery its just that it is painful. My ulnar nerve function seems to be good with very slight numbness in my hand and ring and pinky finger. As far as a contracture nothing was mentioned in refrence to that in 4 visits to the Dr maybe because my motion is good? But when they did the CT scan he pointed out many bone spurs and loose foreign bodies that could be removed, but I do whole heartly believe that they were afraid to treat me mainly because of my history of infection and the risk of future infection
I guess from a business standpoint it is a good decsion to pass on me my question to you Dr tomaino is would I be wasting my time pursuing help and relief or should I just accept it the way it is and move on?