Go Back   Rearm Yourself Community Forum > Main Category > Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2011, 10:09 PM

Question Labrum and Infraspinatous Tear - no pain after cortisone and full range of motion

I have been diagnosed with a labral tear and a tear in the infraspinatous. I had/have pain down the bicep muscle, in the elbow and at times in the forearm. I was given my first round of cortisone and it only lasted one day. 30 days later I was given my second shot, this time in the posterior shoulder and after a few days the pain had subsided and I have full motion of the arm. I do have pain under the arm and in the back of the shoulder only when I put pressure on those specific spots. My question now is do I still need surgery if I don't have anymore pain? How long does the cortisone last and will the pain come back or will the tears be able to start repairing themselves? My MRI also shows 3 bone spurs - one very very large on the top of the acromion that has to be taken down via an open incision it is too large and too close to the top of the shoulder.

My main question is that even though I am feeling good now should I still proceed with the surgery or wait until the symptoms/pain return.